Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association. The Board sets policy and makes relevant decisions on behalf of the membership by providing general oversight regarding the affairs of the Association, its committees, advisory councils, divisions, local chapters, affiliates and publications. Thus, determining TAGT policies or changes therein; actively pursuing Association goals and objectives, and monitoring financial affairs.
The 11 member Board of Directors consists of:
- (4) officers (President, President Elect, Past President, Secretary/Treasurer)
- (4) Designated positions (Parent, K-12 Teacher, University, Administrator)
- (3) At-Large positions All terms are two years
- All designated members, at-large members and the Secretary/Treasurer may serve two consecutive terms.
2015 Board Officers
Mary Christopher, Ph.D.
Irvin School of Education,
Priscilla Lurz, M.Ed.
|Immediate Past President
Marilyn Swanson, M.Ed.
Director of Programming,
Gifted Students Institute,
Southern Methodist University
D’Lana Barbay, M.Ed.
Executive Director of Elementary Instruction
|TAGT Executive Director
JJ Colburn, CAE
2015 Board Members
|Theresa Biggs, M.Ed.
|Brenda K. Davis, M.A.
|Christina T. Dearman, Ph.D.
|Merrill Hammons, M.Ed.
Administrator for Advanced Academics
|Joyce E. Kyle Miller, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University-Commerce
|Mary Lea Pfenninger, M.Ed.
Gifted and Talented Advanced Academics
ESC Region III
2016 TAGT Board of Directors
The following members will take office at the 2015 TAGT Annual Conference in December.
- President: Priscilla Lurz, M.Ed., Educational Consultant, Boerne
- Immediate Past President: Mary Christopher, Ph.D., Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene
- Treasurer: D’Lana Barbay, M.Ed., Vidor ISD
- Secretary: Joyce E. Kyle Miller, Ph.D., Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Administrator: Theresa Biggs, M.Ed., Plano ISD
- K-12 Teacher: Christina T. Dearman, Ph.D., Denton ISD
- Parent: Folly Jee Ligh, M.S., Sugar Land
- University: Debbie Troxclair, Ph.D., Lamar University, Beaumont
- At-Large: Brenda K. Davis, M.A., Bosqueville ISD
- At-Large: Jim Patton, M.Ed., Woodway
- At-Large: Mary Lea Pfenninger, M.Ed., ESC Region III, Victoria