G/T Awareness Day
The TAGT Advocacy Committee is pleased to announce that the second G/T Awareness Day occurred on November 13, 2017!
This day was created to increase awareness and encourage support of gifted education in Texas. Through online community discussions and social media posts, parents, educators, and advocates come together to celebrate giftedness. All throughout the day, TAGT will push out information and created conversations to dispel myths and provide a deeper understanding of the purpose of gifted education.
The 2017 theme is Why G/T? with the mission of empowering advocates of gifted and talented students to share why G/T is important to them.
We invite you to follow along, share your story, and advocate for gifted education!
Like us on Facebook and Twitter and follow #whyGT, #gtday, and #TAGT
Resources posted on G/T Awareness Days 2016 and 2017:
- What Is Gifted?
- Texas State Plan
- Fearless Advocacy: A Day in the Life of a Gifted Child's Parent?
- 9 Things I Wish People Knew About Highly-Gifted Children
- TEMPO: XXXVII, Issue 1, 2016 - Advocating for Gifted Learners
- Equity in G/T Education
- Five Ways to a More Politically Palatable Gifted Education
- Why Are Gifted Programs Needed?
- The Ultimate Plan to Help Gifted Education
- Establishing a Parent Support Group
- Advocating for the Twice-Exceptional Child
- FAQ: G/T Education