PSG Member Benefits
Active Parent Support Group (PSG) Membership Benefits
- Your local PSG website and contact information will be listed on the TAGT website. This will increase the visibility of your group for parents and other TAGT members.
- Active PSGs will designate a PSG leader to receive the benefits of a TAGT professional membership (typically the local group president)
- Designated PSG Leader serves as a PSG representative on the parent division ‘parent communication team’, which helps guide TAGT parent outreach.
- Members of your local Parent Group automatically receive an Affiliated Parent Membership to TAGT.
- A representative of your group will receive a complimentary 2-day registration to the TAGT Annual Conference, including an invitation to a special session with other PSG leaders from throughout the state.
- An opportunity for a TAGT representative to attend one of your PSG meetings annually (topics and date will be coordinated with the PSG Representative)
- TAGT works on behalf of the gifted education community to increase statewide and local support for gifted and talented issues. TAGT provides PSGs with the tools to advocate on behalf of G/T education on the local level. Visit the TAGT program evaluation page for additional information and resources.
- TAGT monitors legislative activity and maintains relationships with state agencies in order to provide expert gifted education resources and input for policymakers. The PSG designee and other TAGT members receive legislative information regarding policy considerations and activities focused specifically on topics affecting gifted education.