Action Alert: 5 Amendments Filed to HB3 in Support of G/T Education
Call to Action: HB 3 Amendments
On Wednesday, April 3, The Texas House of Representatives will consider and vote on House Bill 3. Yesterday evening, more than 90 amendments were filed for this bill, including 5 amendments related to gifted and talented programs.
TAGT is extremely proud of our legislative efforts. The advocacy of our incredible members and our collective voices are the driving force towards maintaining legislative support for G/T programs. Thank you to each and every member who called, emailed, tweeted, or visited their representatives. You have been amazing in your fight for G/T education, and we encourage you to keep speaking up! We have forged lasting connections and truly raised awareness of G/T with legislators across our state. Let's ensure we keep these connections strong--see the Call to Action below for what you can do next.
Call to Action:
- Contact amendment authors (click links below) and thank them for filing these pro-G/T amendments.
- Contact your State Representative to ask them to consider co-authoring these amendments and ask for their vote on the house floor on all of these amendments.
- Ramos: Amendment to reinstate G/T allotment
- Shaheen: Amendment to strengthen program certification consistency with State Plan
- Turner & Talarico: Amendment to require reporting G/T expenditures to the state
- Guillen 1: Amendment to require board policy on how they will support G/T programs with funds
- Guillen 2: Amendment to clarify any perceived identification caps