Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Association. The Board sets policy and makes relevant decisions on behalf of the membership by providing general oversight regarding the affairs of the Association, its committees, advisory councils, divisions, local chapters, affiliates, and publications. Thus, determining TAGT policies or changes therein; actively pursuing Association goals and objectives, and monitoring financial affairs.
The 12 member Board of Directors consists of:
- (4) officers (President, President-Elect or Past President, Secretary and Treasurer)
- (4) Designated positions (Parent, K-12 Teacher, University, Administrator)
- (4) At-Large positions
- All terms are two years and all designated members, at-large members, Secretary, and the Treasurer may serve two consecutive terms.
TAGT is currently seeking nominations for individuals to serve on the 2020 Board of Directors. If you know someone who would make a great strategic leader, or if you're interested in serving in a leadership role, we invite you to consider the nomination process. There has never been a more exciting time to contribute to the gifted community in a meaningful way.
Position(s) to be Filled
- At Large #1
- Parent Representative
- University Representative
- All nominees must be an active member of TAGT. To nominate someone, or to yourself, simply complete the application by April 19, 2019.
- Officer positions must have served on the TAGT Board for at least one year.
The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) will review all applications. Based on a needs assessment, the LDC will prepare a slate of nominees based on experience, background, and geographic diversity. The recommended slate will be distributed to TAGT membership. The 2020 TAGT Board of Directors will be installed at giftED19 in San Antonio and will begin service in January 2020.
2019 Board Officers
D’Lana Barbay, M.Ed.
Director of Professional Development and G/T
Debbie Smith, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Advanced Academics, G/T, and 504
San Marcus CISD
Christina T. Dearman, Ph.D.
Joyce E. Kyle Miller, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University-Commerce
2019 Board Members
|Audra Rowell, M.Ed.
Northwest ISD, Fort Worth
|Jennifer Gann, M.Ed.
Santiago Christian School, Dominican Republic
|Javetta Jones-Roberson, M.Ed.
|Folly Jee Ligh, M.S.
|Matthew Fugate, Ph.D.
University of Houston - Downtown
|Debbie Troxclair, Ph.D.
|Luke T. Hurst