Legacy Book Awards
The TAGT Legacy Book® Awards honor outstanding books published in the United States that have long-term potential for positively influencing the lives of gifted individuals and contribute to the understanding, well-being, education, and success of gifted and talented students.
2019 Legacy Book Nominees
Links to purchase books included below. Please consider supporting TAGT with your purchases by ordering from our affiliate links or by signing up for AmazonSmile and selecting TAGT as your organization of choice. You can find instructions for connecting your Amazon account to TAGT and benefiting our organization with your purchases here.
Curricular Materials: Provides educators with supporting materials to use in the classroom. Resources include workbooks, lesson plans, manuals and classroom activities.
Teaching Tenacity, Resilience, and a Drive for Excellence: Lessons for Social-Emotional Learning for Grades 4-8, by Emily Mofield, Ed.D. & Megan Parker Peters, Ph.D.; Published by Prufrock Press Inc.
- Experience Inquiry
- Teaching Social Issues and Equity with Children's Literature Through the Lenses of Depth & Complexity
- A House Divided? The Civil War - Its Causes and Effects Grades 5-6
- Teaching Tenacity, Resilience, and a Drive for Excellence: Lessons for Social-Emotional Learning for Grades 4-8
- Encounters With Archetypes: Integrated ELA Lessons for Gifted and Advanced Learners in Grades 4-5
Educator: Enhances an educator’s awareness and ability to work with G/T students by application of sound theory, practical strategies and/or proven methodology.
2019 Winner! (Tie)
Challenging Mindset, by James Nottingham and Bosse Larsson; Published by Corwin Press
A Teacher's Guide to Flexible Grouping and Collaborative Learning, by Dina Brulles, Ph.D., and Karen L. Brown, M.Ed.; Published by Free Spirit Publishing
- Visual Learning and Teaching
- A Teacher's Guide to Flexible Grouping and Collaborative Learning
- Challenging Mindset
- Developing Creativity in the Classroom: Learning and Innovation for 21st-Century Schools
- Identifying Gifted Students: A Practical Guide (3rd ed.)
Parent: Increases the understanding of the unique needs of G/T children and help ensure they are met, both at home and in the classroom.
Understanding Your Gifted Child From the Inside Out: A Guide to the Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Kids, by James R. Delisle, Ph.D.; Published by Prufrock Press
- Living Gifted: 52 Tips to Survive and Thrive in Giftedland
- Understanding Your Gifted Child From the Inside Out: A Guide to the Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Kids
- Why The Brain Matters
Scholar: Guides graduate students or advanced educators to understand and expand upon the latest research on giftedness and G/T education.
Talent Development as a Framework for Gifted Education: Implications for Best Practices and Applications in Schools, edited by Paula Olszewski-Kubilius, Ph.D., Rena F. Subotnik, Ph.D., and Frank C. Worrell, Ph.D.; Published by Prufrock Press
- Developing Expert Learners
- Talent Development as a Framework for Gifted Education: Implications for Best Practices and Applications in Schools
- Wholehearted Teaching of Gifted Young Women: Cultivating Courage, Connection, and Self-Care in Schools