TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network
The TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network aims to address systemic racism and issues of intersectionality and equity in gifted and talented education to impact anti-racist practices, structures, and policies for all culturally diverse children and educators.You’re invited to join educators from diverse backgrounds, along with their allies, in one of several upcoming networking/community building events: in person at giftED21 and online in 2022. The TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network is open to all educators (classroom, pre-service, district leaders), in Texas and beyond. Participants do not have to be members of TAGT to join the network.
Interested in participating in the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access Network with TAGT? Sign up here.
- Provide a safe space for educators of color in the field of gifted education.
- Provide a platform for educators of color and their allies to share experiences, to promote self-awareness, disrupt constraints, and alleviate barriers to gifted programming.
- Promote culturally responsive and anti-racist practices to develop common language for gifted educators.
- Create and support professional learning opportunities and partnerships for early and mid-career educators to understand talent identification and development of G/T populations. Develop potential, recruit, mentor, and decrease barriers for new educators and researchers of color into the field.
- Create and support professional learning resources and amplify conversations and initiatives to address systemic racism and issues of equity that exist in gifted education through anti-racist practices.
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 5:15 p.m.-5:45 p.m.: giftED21 In-Person Meet-Up
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Online Meet-Up
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Online Meet-Up
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Online Meet-Up
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Online Meet-Up