TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network
The TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network aims to address systemic racism and issues of intersectionality and equity in gifted and talented education to impact anti-racist practices, structures, and policies for all culturally diverse children and educators. You’re invited to join educators from diverse backgrounds and their allies in one of several upcoming networking/community-building events online in 2023. The TAGT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Network is open to all educators (classroom, pre-service, district leaders), in Texas and beyond. Participants do not have to be members of TAGT to join the network. Sponsored by ThinkLaw
- Provide a safe space for educators of color in the field of gifted education.
- Provide a platform for educators of color and their allies to share experiences, to promote self-awareness, disrupt constraints, and alleviate barriers to gifted programming.
- Promote culturally responsive and anti-racist practices to develop a common language for gifted educators.
- Create and support professional learning opportunities and partnerships for early and mid-career educators to understand talent identification and development of G/T populations. Develop potential, recruit, mentor, and decrease barriers for new educators and researchers of color into the field.
- Create and support professional learning resources and amplify conversations and initiatives to address systemic racism and issues of equity that exist in gifted education through anti-racist practices.
Register for each meeting by clicking on the link below for the date you'd like to attend.
- March 1, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
- May 3, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
- August 2, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
- October 4, 2023, 4:00 p.m.