TAGT Event Snapshot
Education & Events
Highly regarded in the G/T community, TAGT offers exceptional educational opportunities. Receive valuable information and guidance by attending conferences and events designed to meet the various needs of members. Online training is available through TAGT On Demand.
giftED18 (Annual Conference)
Nov. 28 – Nov. 30, 2018
Fort Worth Convention Center & Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Celebrating 40 Years of TAGT!
Connecting Minds. Empowering Futures.
Experience the energy of more than 2,000 passionate advocates for gifted education! Through powerful keynotes, informative breakout sessions, and high-energy networking experiences, giftED will empower you to continue to make a difference in the gifted community.
The giftED Conference audience is diverse and made up of all layers of the gifted community.
- Classroom Teachers/GT Specialists
- District Administrators
- Campus Administrators, University Staff, Parents
- Technology in the classroom
- Serving underrepresented populations
- Project-based learning
- Genius hour
Future giftED Dates
giftED19 | Dec. 4-6 | JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country
giftED20 | Dec. 2-4 | Marriott Marquis Houston
April 14-16, 2019
Sheraton Georgetown, Georgetown, TX
A two-day annual event for administrators, coordinators and specialists, focusing on best practices and promising programs.
- District-Level Administrator (Advanced Academic Coordinator, G/T Coordinator, etc)
- Campus-Level G/T Specialist
- Classroom Teacher, Consultant, Other
- G/T program design
- Independent projects
- Professional development program solutions/management
Gifted + Equity Conference: Serving the Underserved
Eilan Hotel, San Antonio
The TAGT Gifted + Equity Conference: Serving the Underserved is geared towards the educators who work tirelessly to ensure equitable access for all gifted students. Sessions will focus on at least one of the four main tracks:
- Twice Exceptional (learning exceptionalities)
- Underserved Populations (low SES, minorities)
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Additional Qualifiers: Girls, LGBTQ, etc.
- District-Level G/T and Special Ed Administrators
- Campus Administrators
- Special Populations Coordinators
- Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Leaders