The division continues to focus on cultivating the mentor program for all educators in leadership roles. Understanding that leadership comes in many forms, the division will focus on supporting formal and grassroots regional support groups, as well as continuing to build a network that connects individuals via a mentorship model. In addition, the division will assist with the TAGT cohort programs. Finally, the division recognizes that educators in gifted leadership roles in rural districts tend to operate in isolation and are often the least supported. The division decided to make an exploration of options related to building support networks for this particular group a primary focus of the year.
Top Ten List to Start the New School Year
Leadership Division Officers
- Chair: Lori Mabry, M.Ed., Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD; email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Brigette Cardenas, M.A., Mansfield ISD; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Holley Naskey, M.Ed., Irving ISD; email@example.com
- Publications: Dedee Willson, M.Ed., Brazosport ISD; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past Chair: Kim Bain, M.Ed., Highland Park ISD; email@example.com
- Board Liaison: Audra Rowell, M.Ed., Northwest ISD; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Liaison: Lacy Compton, M.A.; email@example.com
This division offers opportunities for specialized experiences and networking for coordinators and facilitators of gifted programs. It is the commitment of this division to provide a support system for individuals involved in the delivery of gifted programs.