New State Plan Deep Dive Day
April 16, 2020
8:15 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Open to Registered TAGT Leadership & Gifted+Equity Conference Attendees
This virtual learning day will feature sessions pertinent to implementing the new Texas State Plan. Participants may come and go in sessions as available during the day. Virutal learning day sessions will be open to attendees registered for the TAGT Leadership Conference who transferred their registration to the TAGT Leadership & Gifted+Equity Conference. Sesions schedule below.
- 8:15 a.m.-8:30 a.m.: Welcome & Fellowship, TAGT
- 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.: TEA Update: COVID-19, State Plan, & Changes to Your Responsibilities, Monica Brewer
- 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Texas State Gifted Ed Policy 101, Meredith Austin
- 9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.: Local Norms, Nuts, Bolts, and Benefits, Karen Rambo-Hernandez
- 10:45 a.m.-11:45 a.m.: Multi-District GT Collaborative Team--Work Smarter Not Harder!, Chris Reichelt, Amy Rogers, Crystal Romero-Mueller, Alana Woods, Jada Mullins
- 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch Break
- 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.: GT Identification Using Google Sheets & Formulas, Melanie Harlan
- 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: You Can't Manage What You Don't Measure, Meredith Austin
- 2:45 p.m.-3:45 p.m.: Getting a Handle on the Hours, Audra Rowell
- 3:45 p.m.-4:00 p.m.: Reflections and Silver Linings, Monica Simonds
Registered attendees will be sent the link for the sessions via email. If you have not yet completed the 2020 Leadership Conference Change Form to indicate your plans to attend the TAGT Leadership & Gifted+Equity Conference, please do so at https://fs27.formsite.com/tagtforms/form20/index.html.