G/T Awareness Week
Join TAGT for G/T Awareness Week: April 6-10, 2020!
G/T Awareness Week was created to increase awareness and encourage support of gifted education in Texas. Through online community discussions and social media posts, parents, educators, and advocates come together to celebrate giftedness. All throughout the week, TAGT will push out information and create conversations to dispel myths and provide a deeper understanding of the purpose of gifted education.
This April, we ask you to share #whyGT matters to you, your family, and your school.
View past webinars here.
We invite you to follow along, share your story, and advocate for gifted education!
Like us on Facebook and Twitter and follow #whyGT, #gtweek, and #TAGT
Resources for G/T Awareness Day:
- What Is Gifted?
- TAGT Advocacy Resources
- Laws & Guidance for Gifted Education in Texas
- House Bill 3: FAQs
- Texas State Plan
- Fearless Advocacy: A Day in the Life of a Gifted Child's Parent
- 9 Things I Wish People Knew About Highly-Gifted Children
- TEMPO: XXXVII, Issue 1, 2016 - Advocating for Gifted Learners
- Equity in G/T Education
- Five Ways to a More Politically Palatable Gifted Education
- Why Are Gifted Programs Needed?
- The Ultimate Plan to Help Gifted Education
- Establishing a Parent Support Group
- Advocating for the Twice-Exceptional Child
- FAQ: G/T Education